Giveaway: refer the most builders by October 30 and win your pick from the store. How it works
boatbuildlog
  1. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Houseboat footnote.

  2. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The last two of the six full-beam bulkheads, all sealed up with epoxy.

  3. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Whew! Almost an expensive screw-up! I was just about to take the circular saw to the line

  4. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The hull frame setup begins, with the long frames being taken out of storage...

  5. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Here's the aft bulkhead, the structural wall that will separate the motor well from...

  6. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    A setback! I took a chance with the weather and finished the faces of two of the bulkheads

  7. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Finally, the shed is done.

  8. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    At long last, more than a year after I put the houseboat parts into storage, I have...

  9. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    One day closer to the big splash!

  10. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I've reduced the height of the forward deck support in the long frames, and installed...

  11. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Other things, like home maintenance, have moved front and center, pushing the...

  12. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Here it is, the very last day of 2016, and I still have not completed the "short-term"...

  13. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Continuing to think of modifications to make this still-unnamed houseboat more of a...

  14. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Off the drawing board and back to the sawdust.

  15. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I start to think about tweaks to the design.

  16. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The joints in the longitudinal frame are reinforced on the side that will be seen from...

  17. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's time to get to work on the longitudinal frames.

  18. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I buy enough okoume marine plywood to get started.

  19. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm still thinking about Dianne's Rose.

  20. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    This houseboat would be a project of far greater magnitude than anything I've ever done.

  21. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Intrigued by the "tiny house" phenomenon, I stumble across this plan for a tiny houseboat.

  22. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Some say that with a long enough lever and a well placed fulcrum, you can move the world.

  23. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I've decided to experiment with sound-deadening materials in the area of the outboard...

  24. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's time to close in the hull, starting with bottom panels.

  25. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Here's the inside surface of the second bottom panel, prepared for installation.

  26. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    This will be the new outer face of the transom.

  27. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    On all days, but especially on this day, I feel fortunate to be alive and doing things...

  28. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    A view from the bridge.

  29. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I have decided to solve a few problems at one time.

  30. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's time to start adding the partial bulkheads, four on each side.