Giveaway: refer the most builders by October 30 and win your pick from the store. How it works
boatbuildlog
  1. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Quitting time, Aug. 10, 2017 -- That's it for today.

  2. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The mid-bow bulkhead went in today.

  3. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I am preparing for the dry fit of the stern bulkhead, the one just forward of the transom.

  4. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm preparing the transom to be installed on the stern.

  5. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Now, moving forward to the bow, I'm fitting foremost full width bulkhead.

  6. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Starting to fiberglass the backs of the side panels -- the sheer strakes.

  7. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl's port side panels fit perfectly.

  8. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The curve of the side panel frame is pretty good for a first pass.

  9. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Hanging the side panels temporarily, to check for fit.

  10. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I have started work on the side panels of the hull.

  11. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Happiness is an unclamped bottom.

  12. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl's aft deck, sealed in fiberglass fabric and epoxy on both sides, is dry...

  13. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The framing for the aft deck is complete.

  14. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The motor well area is complete, with a raised and angled false bottom to allow rain...

  15. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today was an important day.

  16. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Here's how I cut the dadoes in the roof support posts for the railing tops and...

  17. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's getting to the time when Jersey Girl starts growing up, and I need to start by...

  18. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I am dry-fitting the support posts for Jersey Girl's aft deck roof.

  19. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    When I said I had to do a little nipping and tucking to make the aft deck roof posts...

  20. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm back to work on Jersey Girl.

  21. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm getting ready to cut some red cedar 2 x 2s to use in framing Jersey Girl's fore deck.

  22. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm starting to frame the support timbers for Jersey Girl's recessed fore deck.

  23. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Water is sneaky stuff.

  24. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The floor of Jersey Girl's future head was glued and screwed into place today.

  25. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl's poop deck is virtually complete, now that I have installed a white oak...

  26. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Speaking of drainage from the poop deck, what's to prevent water from running down...

  27. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Back to work on Jersey Girl.

  28. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Houseboat look-back to Sunday, July 1, 2018 – There came a time over the summer when...

  29. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I love fillets.

  30. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl gets her fore deck fitted today.