Giveaway: refer the most builders by October 30 and win your pick from the store. How it works
boatbuildlog
  1. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Disaster averted!

  2. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The time has come to get Jersey Girl into position to winch her up onto the trailer...

  3. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm getting Jersey Girl's trailer ready to put her into winter storage.

  4. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The California grands are visiting for the week, so a special tour of Jersey Girl was...

  5. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's been a while since I've posted new developments in Jersey Girl's construction.

  6. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I've decided to scale back a bit on the grandiosity of my tweaks to Jersey Girl,...

  7. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    This is the day to get Jersey Girl Up on her trailer.

  8. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Using the Trailer Valet, I’ve started to manually maneuver the trailer into the...

  9. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Still working on the jig for Jersey Girl's laminated cedar roof beams.

  10. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl is in hibernation for the winter, but while she sleeps her faithful...

  11. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    As I tuck Jersey Girl in for winter hibernation, I must not forget Thistledew, the...

  12. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today’s the day for the big move to winter storage, four houses up the block.

  13. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Here's Jersey Girl's first roof beam, released from its jig.

  14. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's back to the drawing board for Jersey Girl's roof.

  15. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I’ve started laying up the first of Jersey Girl’s arched roof beams against the jig I...

  16. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    With the temperature in the 50s and the snow and ice melting, I had a chance to do a...

  17. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's still a little too cold to venture out into the driveway to work on Jersey Girl,...

  18. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Ten more-or-less identical roof supports for Jersey Girl, with one to go.

  19. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It’s just too cold today to saw quarter-inch strips for Jersey Girl’s roof supports,...

  20. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Amping up production here, with two roof beams glued up at the same time.

  21. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Starting to laminate a fresh stack of quarter-inch strips into an arched roof support.

  22. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The new, lower arc is released from its jig, and I like it.

  23. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The cutting and fitting, nipping and tucking proceed.

  24. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl is growing up!

  25. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It’s officially Spring!

  26. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I spent the entire day plumbing Jersey Girl's forward deck drainage system.

  27. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    71 degrees in Northern New Jersey today, so of course an old man's thoughts turn...

  28. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I am still working on the upright posts that will support Jersey Girl's roof and serve...

  29. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    After a night of torrential rain, accompanied by lightning and long rolls of...

  30. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The long-term nature of a project like this has its frustrations, to be sure, but it...