Giveaway: refer the most builders by October 30 and win your pick from the store. How it works
boatbuildlog
  1. Commented on Pam Zegunis's log Pams Carver

    lots of work!! Looking good.

  2. Commented on Dave's log Stitch and glue 2: intentional design

    One thing I've done in the past to reduce blobs of thickened epoxy coming out the other side is to put blue painters tape on the outside sea...

  3. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I did a light sanding today in preparation for the second coat of epoxy, I will try and get it in tomorrow before the rains. If I have time...

  4. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Starting to epoxy the interior, it's getting a bit hot in the garage so I'll stop for today. We have some more surfaces but probably I am ab...

  5. Commented on Dave's log Stitch and glue 2: intentional design

    Looks awesome! Where can builders buy plans?

  6. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Build Log: Power Tools and First Fiberglass Sanding Day Today I finally started using some of the power tools. I took the boat outside and u...

  7. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I got the new Mercury 2 stroke outboard in today, and im very excited about it. Haha just kidding, its a Hangkai. Honestly, I have seen pret...

  8. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Today I planed and put in the bow batten. I had some extra thicken epoxy so I filled in some of the outside holes. I think that's just about...

  9. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I got the two transom boards on, one goes behind the transom and the other goes in front of it in the cockpit area. I put a ton of epoxy on...

  10. Commented on ozzmeister00's log Big Jimmy

    Looking good!

  11. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I didn't do much today other than removing all the clamps and lightly sanding and cleaning the interior. I still have the dash and one more...

  12. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    More glue and more clamping. I fitted the carling on both sides of the coaming and glued in place. Lots of clamps and a few temporary screws...

  13. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Finished mounting a few more pieces. Lots of wood flour to fill these gaps

  14. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Glued on some more of the transom frame

  15. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Another Break, Another Fix

  16. Commented on Andrew Donald's log Grey Seal

    looking forward to seeing the finished boat!

  17. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Upgraded my workbench by making it a custom fit for the boat and added casters. I think this is a necessary step because I don't like to do...

  18. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Got the frame together

  19. Commented on Mike P's log Bowdidge Marine SS16

    Absolutely stunning

  20. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I spent a few minutes this morning just clamping on the bow pieces. There is about a one foot section of the bowel that gets an additional o...

  21. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Sheer clamps

  22. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Mounting the chines

  23. Commented on Wes's log Wes' SK14 #1

    looking great. Yes the texas south and central temps in summer are rough for epoxy. My epoxy with a slow hardener is near solid after about...

  24. Commented on Walt Hansen's log 20' Spira Caladesi Carolina Dory

    Stunning build! and such a large boat. Is it completed and on the water? Do you have any water pics?

  25. Commented on Philippe Jallais's log Mrs. Todd

    It looks like you are utilizing the space very well! I have done one kit boat so far and I must say it is very nice having everything alread...

  26. Commented on Philippe Jallais's log Lilou

    Beautiful boat and congrats on the build!

  27. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    I accidentally shortened the boat by 2 in

  28. Posted an entry on Glen L Tiny Titan Hydroplane

    Tester

  29. Put up for sale 2019 Polliwog - Row Boat