Giveaway: refer the most builders by October 30 and win your pick from the store. How it works
boatbuildlog
  1. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    If nothing else, boatbuilding is an exercise in problem-solving.

  2. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey girl now has her two main roof beams and her two side roof beams installed.

  3. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I have another set of three arched roof supports permanently fastened into place, and...

  4. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Fitting Jersey Girl's first window frame.

  5. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Yesterday, I permanently fastened the forward posts that will delineate the spaces to...

  6. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    First of all, to anyone who ever was or is a mother, and anyone who ever had a mother,...

  7. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    It's about time to start closing up these six forward deck compartments, and if I do...

  8. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The rain it cometh.

  9. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Windows! Jersey Girl has windows, seven of them so far. I need to shim a frame to fit the

  10. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Notches, notches and more notches.

  11. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    After two weeks away from Jersey Girl for traipsing through Yosemite, I am back at work.

  12. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl's front porch now has a nice place to sit on the starboard side.

  13. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm still figuring out water management for Jersey Girl's forward deck.

  14. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Jersey Girl is putting her best face forward.

  15. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I’m beginning to get a bit of Jersey Girl’s roof in place, and I think it’s working...

  16. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Please allow me a small moment of reflection.

  17. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today is shaping up as a day of scattered thunderstorms through the night, so no...

  18. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today I finished sealing up the topside grooves between the planks I had installed...

  19. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    As the summer is drawing to an end and cooler weather is closing in on Jersey Girl and...

  20. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today's project will be to fill all the topside grooves between Jersey Girl's roof planks.

  21. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Roofing on Jersey Girl progresses.

  22. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    Today started with the correction of a mistake, and ended with getting Jersey Girl's...

  23. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The raised central portion of Jersey Girl's roof is finished, at least from a...

  24. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I spent the day making a few adjustments and improvements to the central portion of...

  25. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I'm a local celebrity, thanks to a couple who are neighborhood real estate brokers.

  26. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The adventure so far in a nutshell.

  27. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I’m rocking my man glitter today, just having finished three sandings of Jersey Girl’s...

  28. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    This morning, I started to sand down the fairing compound I applied to Jersey Girl’s...

  29. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    The port side of Jersey Girl's roof is fiberglassed.

  30. Posted an entry on Jersey Girl

    I have some progress to report in my drive to close Jersey Girl’s cabin before the...